Walks in New York and elsewhere

My comments on buildings, shops, restaurants that catch my eye as I wander around New York City and other places.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Broadway to Church

Back at Chambers Street, on the southeast corner, is the Broadway-Chambers Building, Cass Gilbert's first structure in New York, 1900.

Don't forget to look up It's a designated NYC landmark, although much less famous than his Woolworth Tower a block or two downtown.













The block between Broadway and Church has long been characterized by bargain stores and fast food restaurants catering to the many office workers in the area,
but it is undergoing rapid change and gentrification.





This is not the ony 19th century store-loft building undergoing transformation to residential.









Some of the upper stories are quite elegant.

4 Comments:

Blogger mapman said...

Please let me know where/when I can join your tours! They look Great!
Ron

12:07 AM  
Blogger Sandra Levine said...

Thank you Mapman! I haven't been giving hard copy tours, but I'm thinking of doing so in the future. I've been too busy with work to blog, but I'm glad to see that people are still finding it and reading along. I hope to resume blogging in the near future, in this space, with a slightly different (more flexible) format. I'll let everyone know here if I start to offer real-life walks.

Sandy

8:36 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hi Sandra,
if i should ever visit NYC and you are giving walks i want to be in. I am totally fascinated by your photography & comments!
Greetings
lillie (POL)

2:16 PM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home